This feature lets you specify different pricing tiers which you can assign to customers. A tier is a list of prices you sell materials at.
One reason you might setup different tiers is to distinguish between residential pricing and commercial pricing.
When to use it
Create new tiers when you've struck a deal with a customer to discount their work, or when you're doing commercial work that charges materials at a different rate to your residential customers.
How to use it
- Hop on over to ⚙ Settings > Tiered Pricing
- You have a default tier which uses RRP as the item sell price
- If you use a cost + markup calculation for selling items, click the Tiers button and select Edit to change this to a cost + markup tier
- Find the item you want to set a new sell price for and enter a figure in the Price column, or a Markup or Discount
- You can filter which items show by using the Search and Filter Suppliers options
- Click Favourites and choose a favourite to filter by the items that appear in the selected favourite
- The Columns button lets you hide and show columns in the items table
- Change multiple items at once by ticking the box beside their prices, then clicking Bulk Actions
Set a markup rate for the selected items. Any existing markup(s) will be overridden.
Clear any Price, Markup, and Discount set for the selected items.
Apply a discount to the selected items. Any existing discount(s) will be overridden.
Change Tax Rate
Set a new tax rate for the selected items. Any existing rate(s) will be overridden.
Change Sales Account
Select the Sales Account code these items will use. See Setting Up Line Item Sales Accounts for information on this feature.
On Customer Level
- Go to the customer you want to edit the Tier options for
- Click the pencil button to edit the contact
- Under Customer Settings you'll find an option to overwrite the pricing tier