In this article we'll cover how to get set up with Fergus Pay.
When to use it
Fergus Pay is a secure credit card payment portal that allows your customers to pay your invoices by credit card. It is provided by Stripe.
How to use it
To activate Fergus Pay, hop over to ⚙ Settings > Fergus Pay and select Sign up for Stripe. From there you can enter the details needed to get going.
1. To get started, select the country where you or your business will legally operate. Then enter a phone number and email address before proceeding to the next screen.
2. Enter the verification code we sent to your phone then hit next.
3. Enter your personal details.
4. Upload a government-issue ID. This will be used for verification purposes. If this is unavailable you can select Skip for now and then finish it later. Note that you can only use Fergus Pay once you have provided all the documents required.
5. Upload a proof of address.
6. Enter business details.
7. Enter your bank account for receiving payments in payout details.
8. Confirm if all the details entered are correct then hit done.
When you activate Fergus Pay, invoices will be attached to the email as a PDF, and a URL. This Link will take your customer to the payment portal where they can review their invoice and pay immediately by entering their credit card details.
Here is an example of a typical invoice:
The invoice sits on the left hand side of the screen and the payment area to the right.
Customers can choose to download the invoice from the payment portal, once they have clicked to view their invoice.
Thanks for taking the time to read our article, if you have any questions, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org