If you use a supplier that does not appear in the supplier list when uploading an invoice CSV, then it means our importer does not currently support their files and will need to be updated to do so.
What you need to do
To facilitate this, you will just want to flick the support team a quick message telling them which supplier you are after and attach an example invoice CSV.
You can do this from the chat bubble at the bottom right or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then check the file for you and let you know if there are any details missing.
If the file has what we need, we will then add an update request for this supplier. This request will be assessed and validated by our Engineering team and timelines may vary.
In the meantime, you will need to add your documents from that supplier as a paper invoice or credit instead.
What sort of details does the Invoice/Credit CSV file require?
There are a few criteria the file must meet before we can add it to our importer:
- First and foremost, the file layout they provide must be consistent. If the ordering of the columns changes from one file to the next then Fergus will not be able to read them.
- It must have the required invoice information:
- Invoice number
- Order number
- Line item codes, descriptions, quantities and cost/buy price.
- Recommended sell price is optional, but very helpful if available.
- Prices are preferably listed as tax exclusive with a tax inclusive total.
The following image is of an example file and shows what sort of information is required:
(You can click the image to see a full size version).