Business Performance Dashboard
What is Business Performance Dashboard?
This report allows small to medium-sized company owners to get an outlook on their basic business metrics, focusing on performance and scenarios to improve the business. Our simulator allow owners to test scenarios in a safe environment and to analyse the potential impact of business changes.
Why is this important?
The report is designed to be used as high-level indicator of your business performance. It highlights potential issues that you may want to resolve. This gives you the opportunity to discover what actions you need to make to improve or optimise the business.
The Fergus account needs to be linked to Xero. All the relevant accounts need to be mapped. If you are unsure of the mapping, it is important you do this with your accountant or financial advisor. Provided the relevant accounts are mapped, the report will give an overview of the business. [Xero setup article to be updates and added here.]
How often does this update?
The data is updated once a month, on the first day.
Metrics - definition
- Sales Revenue is the amount the company made from labour and material sales. This excludes any discounts, refund or credit notes.
- Cost of Labour and Materials is the direct cost associated with materials purchased and labour cost of the workers performing the work. It excludes distribution costs or any other indirect costs.
- Gross Profit is the profit amount the company makes after deducting the costs associated with labour and materials from the Sales Revenue.
- Overheads are ongoing business expenses not including or related to direct material or direct labour. A company pays overhead on an ongoing basis, regardless of how much or how little the company is selling. Examples include are rent, utilities, accounting fees, office admin wages, security, etc.
- Net profit is the amount the company makes at the end of a period after operating expenses and all other costs including taxes, interest and depreciation have been deducted from total revenue. If the amount is negative, it means the company is incurring a net loss. This is an important measure of how profitable the company is.
- Chargeable rate % is the percentage of paid hours that are chargeable to the client based on the time entered on Jobs; excludes uncharged time.
- Margin on Materials % is the representation of the value of overheads as a percentage of the Sales Revenue for the period. The Margin in Materials is an average margin calculated on all materials purchased and then sold within the same period.
- Overheads %.
- Performance Report provides the actual performance of the business based on the data imported from Xero. Consequently, it is important that the Xero accounts have been imported to Fergus and mapped accurately.
- Performance Simulator allows business owners to safely change the values of the 2 key metrics (name them). These scenarios allow business owners to identify how the changes may impact the performance of the business.
- Historical overview displays the performance trend over the last 12 months. This provide insights into the performance on a monthly basis.
- Key Metrics are calculated from the data imported from Xero and existing Fergus computations.